Cascadeur is unusable for Metahuman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cascadeur is unusable for Metahuman

Edited: I made a 30f animation, managed to retarget with Human IK, before i couldn't retarget in Maya so that's the why of topic title.

I have a problem left, the twist rotation of the mannequin ue5 breaks the elbow of the metahuman, it's not matching the same twist rotation of the metahuman. Both rotation order are Euler XYZ

How can i solve it?
    Or you have in mind to release an example project compatible with metahuman?
    Last edited by Meta; 09 January 2023, 14:40.

Judging by the screenshot, you are trying to retarget the animation from the UE5 mannequin to the metahuman character in Maya.
    What tool did you use to do this?

(And just for the record: your question has nothing to do with Cascadeur itself, so its not sure that we can really help you)

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Borovskis View Post
      Judging by the screenshot, you are trying to retarget the animation from the UE5 mannequin to the metahuman character in Maya.
      What tool did you use to do this?

(And just for the record: your question has nothing to do with Cascadeur itself, so its not sure that we can really help you)
      Exactly, i used HumanIK. A td rigger could probably solve this, but most indie doesn't have one. You have a td rigger. You provide an usable working rig for mannequin that boost your sales. But you don't provide an usable rig for metahuman body off the shelf, is really strange, metahuman right now is used a lot, and the animation from maya to ue5 transfer is flawless. Cascadeur itself is great but is useless if I can't transfer animations to maya where faces controls are. Most people try it one time and if its not working they are impatience, search on google and move on if cant find any, is in your interest, they don't bother coming in the forum and write, while i spent 3 days to find this half solution, now i'm forced using only maya without cascadeur.

Hope you can give instructions how to transfer animation in maya or a .casc file for metahuman working off the shelf.

Last edited by Meta; 20 January 2023, 04:45.

Comment

So, is there a proper workflow to use Metahumans with Cascadeur?

Comment

About us
        Cascadeur is a standalone software for creating physically correct keyframe animations for characters, humanoid and otherwise. Make realistic animations from scratch or improve your mocap, while retaining full control over the results.
        Join us
        Working...
        X